Sunday, January 27, 2008

DLO HipCase Leather Folio for iPod touch (Black) Customer / User Review

IMO this is one of the nicest looking & feeling leather cases for the Touch. I specifically chose it because of the flip top (in order to protect the screen) & also because of the fairly open bottom (thinking I could still manage to dock it in a cradle while in the case)...

Well, needless to say the later part was wishful thinking on my part as the Touch is not dockable into a cradle while in this case (the case makes the unit a bit wider & more so also extends below the bottom of the Touch by about 1/8" - pushing it further away from the bottom of the docking cradle, hence further from the dock connector).

Out of the box it was a very nice fit, but I have noticed that after 2 weeks use that the fit is a bit looser now. This combined with the soft surface liner inside the leather case now allows the Touch to move about. This has me concerned (i.e. that it can slide in & out) as once the flip top is flipped to the open position, the top of the case is open. Accidentally turn it upside down with the flap open & your asking for a potential drop of your Touch out of the case.

For fear of this I'm now getting a cheap, thin Black Silicone Skin to put over the Touch & then slide it back into the DLO Leather Case. I similarly did this practice for my Nano & it kept it very securely within it's DLO Nano leather case (as leather does give/stretch a bit).

0 comments: