Sunday, January 27, 2008

Transcend 8GB SDHC CARD (SD 2.0 SPD Class 6) Customer / User Review

This 8GB SDHC is my second Transcend SD card. My first was an 1GB SD.

After having used some real slowpoke doozies in my Treos (namely Ritek, PNY, and "generic" cards of capacities between 1-4GB), I would rate these as good or better than SanDisk Ultra II's for quality and speed. The 1GB 120x Transcend SD card seemed almost as fast, but this Class 6 SDHC card is the fastest SD card I've ever owned. Saving 300k photos is almost instant and so is switching between apps and email stored on the card.

Note, though, if using on the Palm OS - it will show only 4GB available; however, once you fill up the first 4GB, it will then show the actual remaining capacity. It does not affect the amount (7.5GB) of usable space, though. This is a quirk of the PalmOS rather than the card. Using an SD-to-USB adaptor, the capacity shows correctly.

I can't wait to get my hands on the 16GB version from Transcend (and later the 32GB version) at a reasonable price (i.e., when they fall under $100).

0 comments: