Sunday, January 27, 2008

JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black) Customer / User Review

I bought these headphones to replace my Sony MDR-EX51LP Fontopia Headphones. I like these better for one two reasons
1) completely superficial reason - it matches my black ipod
2) completely non superficial reason - it's better for my hearing

I typcially keep the sound on my ipod locked at 75% to minimize damage to my ears. With these JBuds I don't have to take that precaution, because I never have to raise the volume up that high. And I listen to my ipod chiefly going back and forth on the subway in D.C., where it can be pretty difficult to block out the sound of the train. I'm really glad I bought them.

Two words of caution, however. First, I don't think the sound is as good as it was with the Sony headphones. I listen mostly to podcasts and audiobooks, though, so it doesn't affect me much. Also, I'm not an audiophile so my standards aren't that high. Secondly, I've gone through 3 pairs of these types of headphones due to the rubber tips falling off. While I prefer these type of headphones to other in-ear phones (I've got small ears, and other types hurt), this is getting pretty aggravating. So electronic companies? Work on that.

0 comments: